Office Hours.

8:00 - 5:00

Call Us.


Interstate Divorce Issues

Interstate Divorce Issues Require Particular Skill

Although you live in Texas, you may be running a business on the other side of the country. You may have vacation home or investment property in another state. You may have plans to move out of Texas with your children.

In these types of situations, it is vital to work with a lawyer who has in-depth experience with interstate issues. For instance, if you are planning to relocate with your children, your attorney should be deeply familiar with the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction & Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). If you have assets in another state or even another country, your attorney should understand how to craft a property division agreement that will actually be enforceable.

Attorney David A. Kazen has the skill you seek. Based in Austin, he represents clients across Central Texas who have interstate divorce and child custody concerns. In addition to being board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, attorney Kazen has decades of legal experience. He is committed to providing personalized, cost-sensitive representation that will take your unique needs and budget into account.

Getting A Divorce When Spouses Live In Different States One of the most common questions we hear about interstate divorce is, “Can I file for divorce in Texas if my spouse lives in a different state?” The answer is yes. If you have been domiciled in the State of Texas for at least six months, and a resident of the county in which you’re filing for at least three months, you can file here.