Experience, Integrity And Respect In Family Law

Strategic Support For Enforcing Court Orders

At the Law Office of David A. Kazen, we understand that court orders are essential to the stability and well-being of families after divorce. However, sometimes one party may not follow the terms of the court order, causing frustration and stress for the other party. Fortunately, there are legal remedies available to enforce court orders in Austin, Texas.

Enforcing Child Support And Custody Orders

Child support and custody orders are two of the most common court orders that may need to be enforced after divorce. If one parent is not paying child support or following the custody schedule, the other parent may need to take legal action.

The first step in enforcing child support or custody orders is to document the violations. This may include keeping a record of missed payments or a log of missed visitation days. Once the violations are documented, the next step is to file a motion for enforcement with the court. This motion requests that the court enforce the terms of the original court order and may also request that the violating party be held in contempt of court.

Contempt of court is a serious matter that can result in penalties such as fines or even jail time. If the violating party is found in contempt, the court may order them to comply with the original court order and may also award attorney’s fees to the party who filed the motion for enforcement.

What To Do If Your Ex Doesn’t Follow The Orders

If your ex-spouse is not following the terms of the court order, it is crucial to take action promptly. Waiting too long may result in a loss of credibility with the court and make enforcing the order more difficult.

If your ex-spouse is not following the order for child support or custody, it may be helpful to communicate with them first. If that doesn’t work, consider mediation or other alternative dispute resolution methods to try and resolve the issue outside of court. If these methods are unsuccessful, filing a motion for enforcement may be necessary.

It is important to note that the court takes violations of court orders seriously and is committed to enforcing the terms of the order. However, enforcement can be a complex legal process, and having an experienced family law attorney on your side is important.

Get Started Today

At the Law Office of David A. Kazen, we have extensive experience enforcing court orders after divorce. Our compassionate and skilled team is dedicated to helping our clients navigate the legal system and protect their children’s rights and best interests.

If you are experiencing issues with enforcing court orders after divorce, make an appointment in our Austin office by calling 512-982-0969 or submitting our contact form.

Tell Us About Your Legal Issue

Fields marked with an * are required